Welcome to Laura's Blog, facilitated by her friends and family. We invite you to continue to honor Laura's life and her impact on you by posting stories, memories and messages for Judy and our community. [Scroll down to the end for directions on posting messages]

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Laura's Two Favorite Prayers

Holy Spirit Prayer
Holy spirit, everywhere present,
I behold love in me,
and share it with all life,
and all humanity.

Carol Ruth Knox


Fenelon Prayer
Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee;

Thou only knowest what I need; Thou lovest me better
than I know how to love myself. O Father, give to Thy
child that which he himself knows not how to ask.
I dare not ask either for crosses or for consolations;
I simply present myself before Thee,
I open my heart to Thee. Behold my needs
which I know not myself; see and do according to
Thy tender mercy. Smite, or heal; depress me,
or raise me up; I adore all Thy purposes without
knowing them; I am silent; I offer myself in
sacrifice; I yield myself to Thee; I would have
no other desire than to accomplish Thy will.
Teach me to pray. Pray Thyself in me. AMEN.

Francois de Salignac Fenelon
Archbishop of Cambray. 1651-1715 A.D.

0 Comments:

<< Home

How to Post to this Blog

Hi Everyone,

Here are a few helpful hints regarding how to post comments to this blog.

How to Post Comments to the Blog
  1. At the end of each topic, click on the link to the right of the time stamp (e.g., 3 comments).
  2. You'll have the option to "choose an identity." To post, select "other" if you wish to include your name with your posting; or select "anonymous" if you prefer.
  3. If you have any trouble posting...please reach out to Stacy Parson (sparson@deloitte.com) or Harper Mann (harper.mann@comcast.net)
Posting Personal Notes to Laura
If you'd like to post a personal note to Laura, please post to the topic titled: Personal Notes to Laura

Thanks for being here.
Love, Stacy